Shopping Cart
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
CelebrateThank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart


The reliable source of information in social media

Dr. Gordon, M.D's biography

Dr. Gordon, M.D life, he was born Feb 11, 1917 in the parsonage at West Charleton, New York to James and Isabel Gordon. He died with age 98 Years old on April 10, 2014 in Nebraska City, NE.

He moved with his parents and four brothers to Torrington, WYO in 1922.

Dr. Gordon was the fourth son of five boys of that family, his father James Gordon was the pastor of Scotch Church, and now a United Presbyterian church from 1909 to the fall of 1922 and the church organization has been in existence for more than 200 years.

Dr. Gordon moved to Nebraska from Washington, Iowa, formerly a resident of the UP Retire Home to be closer to the family. 

He is survived by 7 children who were born from different country around the world; Elizabeth, and Stuart were born in United States. Marcia was born Egypt, Joyce was born in Ethiopia, Creig, John and Patricia were born in Nasir Sudan. Dr. Gordon has 18 grandchildren, and 22 great grandchildren.

He joined the Naval reserve as an Ensign in 1943 as a medical officer and he served honorably until 1946. He served as a medical Doctor missionary under the auspices of the united Presbyterian Church in Sudan and Egypt Africa from 1946 to 1964. After he returned home, he became a medical director of Mora Valley Medical unit in New Mexico in 1965. He resigned from medical work and went into private work practice in Clayton, New Mexica in 1972. Dr. Gordon retired from Medical work in 1983.

Dr. Gordon married a graduated nurse in Chicago but before they married, their friendship was developed progressed through the following summer which was the last year of their training. By the time they both graduated from university. They became engaged in June 1942.

This student nurse was Violet Dahlberg graduated with a degree of RN from Swedish Covenant Hospital in North Chicago, and Dr. Gordon with an MD degree from the medical school. Violet became a private nurse making $90 dollars a week, while Dr. Gordon went to Panama because he had decided that he needed experience in tropical medicine if he was going to be a medical missionary in some foreign countries. Their wedding was held at the Addison Street Baptist Church with his dad and the minister of the Church on July 6, 1943. Violet Dahlberg preceded him in death on May 9th, 1999, and they have 56 years together as a husband and wife.

Education: Dr. Gordon graduated from high school in Torrington in 1934. He graduated from Monmouth College Illinois with chemistry on June 1938.

And he graduated with an MD degree from University of Illinois college of Medicine on June 1942. The first and second years of medical school were basically academic in nature. Dr. Gordon still had a full year of internship ahead of him. The intent of the internship for one year at Gorgas Hospital in Panama Canal Zone was to get some experience in tropical medicine on June 1943. It was beneficial from the point of view of malaria and parasitic diseases. Most of the other conditions were endemic in the continental in US except for Chagas disease which was not present in Africa.

Military: When World War II broke out in 1942, Dr. Gordon joined U.S Army as a naval reserve. Finally the war ended around May of 1945 and he returned home. Dr. Gordon and his wife Violet Dahlberg left California and flew back to Chicago in 1946. On June the 8th of that same year Violet went into the Swedish Covenant Hospital and gave birth to their first child, in the following months Dr. Gordon made application to a number of various hospitals for refresher work, but all the positions had been taken by army doctors who had been released from World War II. Dr. Gordon took three-month course in woodworking, cabinet making, and built a screened baby crib that they took with them to Sudan Africa.

Dr. Gordon traveling to Africa: In 1946, Dr. Gordon with his family boarded a World War II liberty ship bound for a number of ports around the world. The British were in charge at that time in Sudan and they had no trouble to carrying four guns and ammunition with them plus the whole host of other household items. Dr. Gordon with his family arrived in Egypt Africa at the end of 1946.

From Port Sudan to Khartoum, they traveled by railroad. While they were in Khartoum on February of 1947, the American Mission was holding its annual association meeting. In the early days of the Sudan Mission there was no separation of the North and South Sudan. Most all the meetings were held in Khartoum, but in later years the North and South held separate meetings. Because there was no place for the Gordons to go to South Sudan, he has decided to go to Egypt and spent one year at the American Mission Hospitals at Assiut and Tanta. In a couple of months Dr. Gordon with his family was headed back to the Sudan, the reverse of the trip they had taken on the way down. Dr. Gordon Family was a little savvy about travel problems. After they arrived in Khartoum they tried to outfit themselves for the primitive existence that they were told that they would encounter. In 1956 After the British left, getting things through customs was a problem in Sudan. Reid Shields, who were their hosts in Khartoum, were most helpful in getting new missionaries passing through Khartoum equipped with necessities. They knew which shops had what the new missionary might need. After they retired, the Bob Meloys did much the same thing for new missionaries and travelers in Sudan.

Leaving Khartoum for the South Sudan on Saturday evening January 3rd of 1947, they first took the train to Kosti. They boarded a river steamer. Every so often the steamer would pull away to the riverbank. Then there would be much shouting and clamor. The purpose of these stops was to pick up wood that had been piled on the riverbank. Wood was the fuel for these river steamers. One must thing they were remember during the travel to South Sudan, they were novices traveling with two children under the age of two, so Dr Gordon & Dahlberg’s hands were full and their concern for their health was acute. Their destination where they were going to was Malakal, where the American Mission had its headquarters, then onto Doleib Hill. The Lowry Anderson was the senior missionaries in Malakal but the next stage of the trip was to Fangak, the government outpost on the Zeraf River. They were accompanied by the Jordans/Manpiny and his wife Gillilands/Man-jina – new missionary families just out from the States who were also going to the South Sudan.

They arrived in Wanglel during dry season, the school was provided with new quarters. It is the talk of the Upper Nile Province; every visitor that comes in Wanglel wants to see the setup. The buildings are oval shaped of red brick with neat thatched roofs. They are quite attractive. James Gatluak, the school headmaster, has beautified the area with shrubs and flowers. There are also young trees which will in the not too distant future provide more beauty. The curriculum of the school is very good. The boys are advancing rapidly. “We are proud of them” they said. Gatluak has rehearsed the boys in enacting Bible stories which Bob photographed with Ansco Color film. He has also been snapping local. The youngsters they met have been their imaginary playmates ever since. While they were at Sayo, Ethiopia their third daughter was born.

Leaving Wanglel to Nasir, Dr. Gordon with his family left Wanglel to Nasir on August of 1949 with the usual mess of packing and a hectic get-away to Nasir. The boat traveled at the full speed of four miles an hour, so by Wednesday morning they arrived at Nasir and they had the opportunity to stop at some of the mission stations along the way, and to wave at friends at the others, which helped relieve the monotony of the trip.

They were so quite nicely settled into the routine at Nasir. The female element of the family like Nasir a lot, but Dr. Gordon misses the wild life at Wanglel because he loves hunting. There is an established clinic there at Nasir, which has a constant stream of patients, and should provide ample work for the two doctors on the station. Dr. Mary Smith the daughter of (Joklieth) has been in Nasir for so many years so is quite well established in the routine. A man will be welcomed by some of those who object to having a lady doctor, though Dr. Mary certainly has gone a long way toward endearing herself to the people of Nasir.

Dr. Gordon and his family are just a stone’s throw from the ladies’ household where Dr. Mary resides with Jean Maxwell, a nurse. They both spent their early childhood at Nasir, so that makes them especially dear to the Nuers. Marian Farquhar known as Nyakuan the teacher also lives next door. She is in charge of the girls’ school work. She is a vivacious person and throws herself wholeheartedly into whatever she does. Jean is to be married shortly to the pilot of the Missionary Aviation Fellowship in their area, so in the meantime a new nurse has been procured and is now engaged in language study. Her name is Amy TeSelle, and she is from the Reformed Church in America, which is a Dutch group.

Down the path from the girls’ house is the clinic, then the church and on to Miss Ray Huffman. She is engaged in women evangelistic work, and Adult Literacy. She is an older woman and will retire next spring. Eleanor Vandervort is known as Nyarial is also a member of the Nasir Station; she will take over Miss Huffman’s work when she returns from furlough. Miss Huffman the Rev, and Mrs. Roy more commonly known as Mac, and Lois, Mac has charged of the boys’ school, as well as a sizable number of the village schools in the area, just about two months ago the Roys suffered the tragic loss of their youngest child 22 months old went too close to the river and fell into water and drown. Lois found the baby lying face down in the water, and all efforts to revive him failed.

About Nasir station: Nasir was a district of Upper Nile Province, and a British official was the district commissioner there at Nasir. The Headquarters of Upper Nile Province was located in Malakal which was a fairly large community on the Nile River. The governor of Upper Nile Province was also a British official, and the American Mission was also headquartered in Malakal. We had very good rapport with the government officials. Very few restrictions were placed on our activity. Nasir located on the Sobat River was only six miles from Ethiopia. Later, this became important because border crossings were easy and frequently used by the people to escape the rule that was imposed by the government.

All the while when Dr. Gordon with his family were gone to Uganda, Lisabeth the daughter of Dr Gordon had talked about Nasir and how she wanted to get back to Nasir. Uganda was too cold for her and she preferred the Sudan. The climax of all her talk came as they were driving from the airport to the mission. They passed a native settlement with its pungent odor of cow dung smudge. Lisabeth took a deep breath and said, “Umm, smells just like Nasir!”

Clinic treatment difficulties: Dr. Gordon is into the swing of things and looking better all the time. There have been a number of seriously ill patients. Several snake bit cases, puff adders, poisonous but not deadly. One woman’s bite got badly infected and finally eroded through a blood vessel, so she would hemorrhage suddenly at odd hours. Finally her relatives took her home to die.

There were two others patients in the clinic; one came in shortly after she was bitten, and the other not for forty-eight hours. The one who came in soon is doing well, but it’s a bad business at best. The one who waited is having the same troubles as the first lady. One of our servants was sick while we were away, his relatives persuaded him the reason for his trouble was that he was bowing down to the white man’s God, and their gods were angry to him, so he sacrificed an animal, the missionaries were disappointed, as he seemed interested in becoming a Christian.

The dry season was a hectic time for the clinic. Across the river from Nasir was a huge swamp area, and as water receded from it, the Nuers used it to graze their cattle. They would build temporary cornstalk shelters on the riverbank. During the day, they would let their cattle roam under the care of young boys. The men used their leisure time to fish in the river. People would leave their inland villages, bring their cattle and their families, drive them across the river, and set up their cattle camps. This annual migration had been going on for ages. The young men found that was an excellent time for finding their future first wives, and would lead around their favorite bull, which had a special name, accompanied with the ringing of cowbells. Sounds of such activities carried across the river every night. In order to protect their cows from literally being eaten alive by the mosquitoes, the Nuers would burn cow dung fires that smoldered throughout the night. The missionary were the recipients of this unique olfactory gift, when the wind happened to be in the right direction. Dr. Gordon’s daughter Lisabeth made the remark, saying that “I’m home now, when I can smell that cow dung smoke.”

At nine o’clock in the morning the clinic workers would all go for breakfast. About the only dresser who would stay would be the evangelist, Ret Lony, who would give the gospel message to those waiting to receive treatment. Nuers loved injections, thinking they were the ultimate in treatment. Consequently if they had the money they would bring the shilling which was equivalent to about fifteen cents for a shot. They did not realize that just one shot oftentimes was not enough to treat the condition. This idea of the benefit of shots came about years before when people with yaws were treated with neo-arsphenamine, an injection specific for the disease. A very dramatic “cure” resulted because one stage of yaws was a total skin eruption and often with one injection the skin cleared up. Yaws/guonye was a non-venereal form of syphilis, and there was some doubt that these injections given by the government actually cured the condition. We found that penicillin was more effective when given in the form of a long acting injection.

One dry season a man came with a scalp wound, after he had been hit on the head by someone wielding a club. Of course he had been to the witch doctor first. The witch doctor had made a cruciform cut over the swelling in order to let out the evil spirits. When Dr. Gordon examined the wound, he found pieces of bone of the skull which he removed, then put a dressing over the wound. The next day when they dressed the wound, they found it crawling with maggots. The same thing happened on the subsequent days when they did the dressings. After several days of this they did not find any more maggots, and the wound healed. A year later the man returned to Nasir Clinic, the only defect that Dr. Gordon could notice was a depression in the scalp where the patient had the injury.

Fractures were not very common. Once a man was brought in who had a fractured thigh. “We used all the plaster casting material that we had on hand to immobilize the fracture. The next morning we went out to make the rounds of the patients who stayed in the clinic tukls, and we found that the patient had left”. His cast was there but he was gone. Relatives had cut off the cast and had taken the patient home to his village. Sometime later one of clinic’s dressers said that he saw the man. His leg had healed but was shorter than the other one.

One Thursday, which was usually a day when the clinic was not open. A man was brought in, who was carrying a spear while walking and stumbled. As he fell the spear cut four of his fingers right to the bone. Tendons on three of the four fingers were severed. “I spent the morning trying to unite the severed ends of the tendons. I then put the hand in a cast, so as to allow healing”.

The clinic was in a sad state of repair much of the time. The screen of the front verandah was torn, and allowed all kinds of critters to get in. One day when Dr. Gordon went into the laboratory, a weaver bird was inside fluttering against the glass panes of the window, he reached up and grabbed the bird and had it in his hand. As he walked into one of the main rooms of the clinic, he found Mr.Gach Duach who was the head dresser and talking to two old men who were sitting on the floor. Gach told Dr. Gordon that one of them had a painful ear, and then Dr. Gordon went over to this man and put the hand that held the bird against his ear gave it a little twist then showed him the bird. The result – two very astonished old men! Gach Duach lying on the floor laughing his head off, it was just a bit of magic, but it seemed to do the trick. It was no wonder the man had an earache, with a bird lodged in his ear.

From a medical point of view snakes were often a problem. The deadly red and black cobra (Lualdit or Goor) caused almost instantaneous death. Even if the clinic had had antivenin it would not have been effective. One day, the girl was sleeping under a mosquito net across the river in the cattle camp. She happened to have her arm outside of the net and was bitten by Red cobra. She was rushed over across the river in a canoe, but by the time they reached the shore on the side of clinic, she was dead. Another poisonous snake was the puff adder ( Dengciek). Its bite did not cause death but did result in extensive swelling. Unattended the area lost its blood supply and became necrotic. “We had to do a number of amputations on toes, hands, and on one instance, the arm above the elbow”. Another snake incident happened one night when Violet and Dr. Gordon were walking over to the girls’ home. They were carrying a kerosene pressure lantern. About halfway long the path they noticed what appeared to be a four inch thick log lying across the path. As they approached the “log”, it began to move! That was when Violet grabbed Dr. Gordon’s arm with such a grip that he had finger marks on his arm the next day. The log turned out to be a large python.

During the wet season or after a flood, missionaries would often get a request to go to someone’s tukl because a snake had occupied the dwelling. This was always a dangerous undertaking because one never knew where the snake might be hidden, whether in the thatch overhead, or behind some object along the wall. The light was always poor and one’s eyes took some minutes to become accustomed to the gloomy interior. Dr. Gordon always uses to carrying his shotgun with him, but even then did not feel safe.

Sudan Independent and Dr. Gordon’s dad’s visit Nasir: There were two significant occurrences that happened while missionaries were at Nasir. On January 1st, 1956, the Anglo-Egyptian Sudan became the Sudan Republic. This event was attended by both British and Sudan government officials; flag taking down and new flag being raised, marches and parades, and a great crowd of onlookers lasting a good part of the day. For about two years, the Sudan had a parliamentary government, albeit many of the members were appointed rather than elected by popular vote. This unstable government was overthrown in 1958 by a military coup, and martial law was installed.

The second event of significance was the visit of Dr. Gordon’s father who traveled all the way from San Diego. The first part of the trip was by boat to England then overland through France to Rome. He flew from Rome to Cairo, where he languished waiting for a visa to the Sudan. Finally this visa was granted, and he flew to Khartoum by Sudan Airways. A Missionary Aviation plane happened to be in Khartoum at the time and he was able to come directly to Nasir. He was with us a whole month, and was able to attend the January 1st ceremonies for independence. Also while dad was with them in Nasir, he brought along his sermon notes from the book of Revelation and they had these in place of their usual Thursday evening prayer meetings.

After independence of the Sudan from British control, they had to contend with government informers among the clinic crowd. They tried to get their complaints taken care of first so they would have no excuse to hang around and report back to the police headquarters. Of course Dr. Gordon and Nurse were careful not to make any remarks that could be used against us. At a presbytery meeting in Malakal, consisting of pastors, elders, and some missionaries, there happened to be an informer, and the result was the expulsion of two missionaries from Sudan.

Trouble start in 1962: The nurse Arlene Schuiteman known as Nyabigoa, had a group of Nuer women to whom she was teaching hygiene, proper food preparation, and so forth including Nyahoth Ruei the wife of Odol Bithow and Nyachin the wife of Mosses Kuach Nyoat. At that time there were Sudanese soldiers living at the station in the abandoned Boys’ School building. They think that her teaching regarding sexual abstinence except for in marriage. The soldiers returned back to the police station and resulted in Arlene’s expulsion, they had given her just twenty-four hours to leave the country. Apparently one of the soldiers was turned down by one of Arlene’s students. And the government used this against Arlene to get her expelled. Glen Reed, who was the mission representative for the Sudan, Ethiopia, and Egypt, went to the immigration department in Khartoum. He could get no satisfactory answer or reason for her expulsion. Nuer boys’ education by our mission had been heavily subsidized by the government. After independence the government built their own boys’ schools and provided their own teachers. As a consequence all the mission personnel who were engaged in boys’ education were ordered to leave the country within a matter of six weeks. As the medical work of the mission was not subsidized by the government, the missionaries thought they would be immune to such expulsion orders.

One day, Dr. Gordon was in operating room, the district medical dresser wanted came to him and told to see a patient that had been brought into his clinic. Dr. Gordon went to him two hours later as no urgency was expressed by the messenger, but the man had expired by the time he arrived. Dr. Gordon was sharply criticized by the district commissioner, and he had to send an explanation in writing why he did not respond immediately to this request.

A month or so before all missionaries were expelled, conditions got so bad that, they sew a patient who had been beaten and tortured to obtain information. It might implicate the rebel forces operating on the Ethiopian border. The fear dominated the people of Nasir. One night, clinic’s dressers just disappeared and went over into the sanctuary of Ethiopia. Not long afterwards, he received a note from one of the dressers. The gist of this note was that the dresser was sick and needed some medicine, including intravenous fluids and vitamins that would be hard to conceal and avoid detection if the courier were stopped for questioning. The first thing Dr. Gordon did was to burn the note so it would not be found as evidence that could implicate him. Dr. Gordon was not at all sure that it was not some form of entrapment. However the next day he did collect some of the things requested, and sent them off with the same courier. Dr. Gordon might add that this note that he received had writing on the back. It was the account of a rebel “kangaroo” court and the verdict was that the convicted man was a government informer. The verdict also stated that they were to cut off this man’s ears.

In regard to government surveillance and repression, Dr. Gordon would like to quote from Lowrie Anderson’s letter to the mission stations after he received an order from the governor of Upper Nile Province. “I am including a copy of the letter I received today, copies of which are going to all district commissioners. I think this letter better than anything else says what martial law can mean to us. Individually it will mean that there will be a change in the manner of life and perhaps in the manner of our witness.” Lowrie states that he is asking for further clarification to a rule #5, which reads as follows, “No meeting or procession of any kind in nature should be held outside the church. Mission personnel are not allowed to move about in villages. Religious activities can be done inside the church.” This did not curtail our medical clinic work and we were able to have gospel messages every day that the clinic was open.

Not all the excitement was due to government intrusion, however. One day Dr. Gordon was finishing up seeing patients under the big sycamore tree in front of the clinic, when he heard some men shouting upriver. The shouting got louder and this attracted his attention as he could soon see men chasing a large hyena, and it was headed in our direction. Dr. Gordon jumped up onto the table and from there into the sycamore tree. Fortunately it turned just before it got to us and jumped into the river.

Expelled from Sudan: Dr Gordon last days at Nasir were worthy of comment. After he had regular Thursday night prayer meeting on February 26th, 1964, Dr. Gordon had listened news from BBC broadcast in England. It stated that there had been an about attempt by rebels to attack the government armory at Wau in Bhar el Gazel province. As a result of that raid, the Jesuit missionary at Wau was accused of being implicated in the planning so the Sudan government Immigration Department issued an immediate expulsion of missionaries. At Nasir Dr. Gordon was not sure that this might include them. Just a few days before that, a large contingent of Sudanese army marched into Nasir town. One of the officers, a Southern Sudanese told him that their directive was to perform a scorched earth operation along the Sudan-Ethiopian border. That meant torching villages on both sides in order to prevent raiding parties by the rebels from coming over from their sanctuaries Ethiopia. The following day from that prayer meeting on Friday, the commander of the army and the chief of police, government officials came to Dr. Gordon while he was working on some electrical wiring for the station, and told him to leave immediately. Dr. Gordon asked him. What do you mean by immediately? Well, right now. Dr. Gordon tries to remonstrate that, they had to pay the mission workers and employees and that would take a little time for us to leave. Again he told to Dr. Gordon that all missionaries’ personnel will appear at the district commissioner’s office the following morning. Accordingly, Marian Farquhar/Nyakuan, Dr. Gordon/Reanyang, along with Violet, Patricia, and Stuart all showed up on Saturday morning at the district commissioner’s office at Nasir. All missionaries were given until the following morning on Sunday to be ready to be escorted to Malakal. All missionaries spent a feverish twenty-four hours packing personal goods, clothing in suitcases, loading boxes onto the mission truck, and steel drums that Dr. Gordon had previously packed. Marian Farquhar worked late into the night getting her things boxed and packed.

When Dr. Gordon with his family and Marian got ready to go, they found that, they were going to be escorted by Sudanese soldiers who were to follow behind them in the army truck. Dr. Gordon felt that they would be in greater danger from a guerrilla attack with them along. Dr. Gordon supposes they thought we needed protection, or perhaps they wanted to see for sure that they would not defect to rebel side into Ethiopia. Before Dr. Gordon left that morning, he went to the local prison to talk to the native pastor, Moses Kuac Nyoat who was arrested in same issues that Pastor Mosses Kuac is playing role in Christianity. Dr. Gordon arrived at prison and told Kuac that we were going to be expelled from Sudan. The Sudanese government had been put Pastor Mosses Kuac Nyoat into prison in solitary confinement for some trumped-up reason a few weeks earlier.

When missionaries arrived in Malakal, they learned that there were available seats on the Sudan Airways to Khartoum the following day on Monday. They spent a few days in Khartoum trying to get exit visas and a three-month entry visa for Egypt but they could not understand why they were having so much trouble getting an exit visa when the government itself had given an expulsion order for all missionaries to leave. When Lizabeth and Marcia finished school at Bingham Academy in Addis Ababa, they flew to Khartoum where they met their dad, and together they flew to the States. They connected with the rest of the family in Owosso, Michigan. Most of the furlough was spent near Philadelphia, where Dr. Gordon took a residency in Drexel Hill Hospital. It was while they were there that Grandpa Gordon visited them.

Finally it was on to Egypt and to Alexandria where the other children were in school. After they arrived in Alexandria, Egypt in early March, 1964, Dr. Gordon began to make plans for their trip back home, realizing that this would probably be their last opportunity to travel to foreign countries as missionaries.

Law suit against Dr. Gordon: Two years after he has retired from work, he was shocked to have a malpractice law suit brought against him. It was regarding an obstetrical case that he had delivered three years previously. Two and a half months after birth of the child, when the child was receiving its first vaccinations, it started having its first seizures. The parents blamed the way that had delivered the child as being responsible for the seizures. Eventually the child was diagnosed with cerebral palsy. There were local depositions and meetings in Albuquerque with the arbitration group. The latter had a preponderance of lawyers, and so their recommendation was that a suit might be successful. Years dragged by with nothing much happening. Dr. Gordon’s malpractice insurance lawyers had a session with him, and finally, after lining up expert medical witnesses, they challenged the plaintiff lawyers to set a date for the trial. It was decided that the trial could not be held in Clayton, so a change of venue was made. Raton was to be the place where the case was to be held. It took place about seven years after the child was born, and lasted nearly a week. Violet Dahlberg stay behind her husband Dr. Gordon all the times, and also Martha Jean Carter was present on a number of the days behind Dr. Gordon. Dr. Gordon had been in court many times before as an expert witness, but this time it was totally different, very stressful. Finally the case went to the jury. They deliberated about two hours, rendering a verdict of “not guilty”. It was a great relief to have the matter settled in his favor, because the plaintiff family was asking for $12,000,000 U.S Dollars in damages, Dr. Gordon would certainly have had to declare bankruptcy if the judgment had gone against him. Dr. Gordon has credited the two expert witnesses for making a strong defense that convinced the jury that Dr. Gordon was innocent.

Dr. Reanyang/Gordon, the former American missionary Doctor in Africa, he serviced in Nasir South Sudan for the rest of his life. he has spoken Nuer fluently and he said quoted "Male migoa". He serviced as a medical doctor in Nasir for 17 Years from 1946-1963. He worked in United States for 33 Years and if you combined all these years he has been serviced, they are 50 years all together. Please watch the video above or read the BIO for more details..


Gordon's generation: Dr. Gordon has 7 children of four girls and three boys as you see them on the 3rd live picture, 18 grandchildren, and 22 great grandchildren. View more pictures below,,,,,, 

Re-union in Sioux City, IA and family

Dr. Gordon's Clinic staffs at Nasir South Sudan.

This site uses Google reCAPTCHA technology to fight spam. Your use of reCAPTCHA is subject to Google's Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.

Thank you for contacting us. We will get back to you as soon as possible